Saturday, October 20, 2018

7 Orson Welles Quotes

I get introduced to Orson Welles after watching Farhan Akhtar's movie Lucknow Central (trailer here). It is one finest work of Farhan. I hope he does more movies. What a remarkable actor with a remarkable husky voice. In any case, there was a quote of Orson Welles in the movie which intrigued me so much that I start reading about his life and thoughts on the internet. Just posting his few quotes. First one is from the movie.

Nobody gets justice. People only get good luck or bad luck.

If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story. 

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends. 

I've spent most of my mature life trying to prove that I'm not irresponsible. 

I don't want to forgive myself. That's why I hate psychoanalysis I think if you're guilty of something you should live with it. Get rid of it - how can you get rid of a real guilt? I think people should live with it, face up to it. 

I have a great love and respect for religion, great love and respect for atheism. What I hate is agnosticism, people who do not choose. 

Personally, I don't like a girlfriend to have a husband. If she'll fool her husband, I figure she'll fool me.

4 comments:

bsc said...

I like the civilization one - for girl friends
It reminded me of how and why surgeons started wearing gloves

Shaan said...

Impressive .....I don't forgive myself

mystic-soul said...

Uncle: Please tell us about surgeon's and gloves

Shan: I see you once every 5 years!!!

Shaan said...

@Mystic:- Once in a week i visit your blog very silently :)...reading your blogs are now part of my life. I have also started following Leenah.