Monday, September 20, 2021

Dedicated to immigrants

I came to Canada after two years due to the pandemic (still a lot of fuss at airports for COVID papers). I realized that Canadians and Americans are on different trajectories. Canadians are more about values and a pluralistic society but struggle to meet ends as everyday lifestyle is relatively expensive. Americans are progressively more on a divisive path, more individualist, and spend money freely. I have been traveling between these two countries for now almost 27 years. I guess, last two decades, particularly America's reaction to 911, indulgence in two prolong wars, poor political leadership from both parties, and trump's presidency have done a lot of damage.

First time I felt a little misfit in Canada. I took a little time off. I went to woodbine beach in Toronto. I spent a quiet time watching the sunset and full moon. It gave me a perspective of people who have to immigrate to a new culture and survive with new values.


No comments: