Sunday, May 17, 2020

Defining moment

Pandemic has caused domestic fights to go up. I am not surprised. One of my close friends called me to go out with him as he had a huge argument with his son who is finishing college, has no job but needs to stay home. His son left the house to stay with other friends. We went out. I listened to his part of the story and his venting. In such a situation I try to use the middle ground of being a charasaz and being a naseh. During our conversation, he said a beautiful thing.

"Every relationship has a defining moment, and I don't want this fight to be a defining moment of our relationship. I didn't want to be a spineless father who tolerates bad habits - but at the same time, I don't want this fight to be the turning point of our relationship. It just doesn't worth."

2 comments:

bsc said...

So what do you think about the defining moment of the Colonel Wife
Hoping you have access to FB

mystic-soul said...

Oh, that Pakistani video? It took me 4/5 days to realize the term 'colonel wife'. It was just her bad day I think. The human mind has a red thin line. Once it is crossed, humans can do any act which at the given snapshot seems horrible. I think, she was fasting and maybe fasting for days, dehydrated and tired of weighting in line. Issues at home may be bothering her. And, she snapped. Indeed, it was very inappropriate. I saw the video. But things happened. I am sure colonel will let it go as I was told colonel had a similar video in 2018!