Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Accident and God

 I have written 2/3 of posts on Naeem Sahab before. 3 months ago, he was very sick with COVID in ICU. Now he lives in some inner rural town in Lubbock, Texas. During his sickness, I frequently talked to his doctors. Fortunately, he recovered. Once I had my 2 doses of vaccine, on his insistence, I traveled in my car to his place, as I needed some time for myself. Evenings in rural Texas can be mesmerizing with layers of never-seen color-combinations due to the bright sun, open skies with scattered clouds (see pic below). One eve. he took me to drive the area. While we were watching the beautiful sunset, he said:

"Ye sab agar accident hai to phir yahi accident mera khuda hai"

(If this all is a mere accident - I embrace this accident as my God) 



No comments: