Saturday, June 26, 2021

Two philosophies of life

 I have two extreme of friends, and not sure which one is on the right philosophy.

One is like my friend KT - who we popularly call - Abu dada. He is a strict dieter and an exercise freak. He has not eaten rice in two years, walks two miles every day besides an hour in Gym. My this group of friend takes life very seriously and believes healthy body leads to a healthy mind. Most of them are intellectuals or at least pseudo-intellectuals.

The second is like Sohail and Abhijeet. They love food. They don't care about weight gain. One has two stents in his heart and the second travel exclusively for the sake of good food.  Both have a wobbly belly. They believe it does not matter, you live 50 years or 100 years. Die early but enjoy fully.

I, personally and periodically oscillate between two philosophies. 

4 comments:

Books and Stilettos said...

But they both are enjoying their lives in their own ways No? One likes exercising eating right the other category does whatever they please to do as well ! I don’t see the difference here or a statement from each side that they are not enjoying their lives :)Am I missing something here ? No one is forcing any of them to do , they are doing ( perhaps enjoying ) whatever they want to do - gotta live one way or the other right?

mystic-soul said...

I agree - you are so right. It is me who cannot make up my mind!
- and umarya biti jaaye :)

Books and Stilettos said...

Umar choti aur kamar bari hoti jati ha - no worries lol

mystic-soul said...

Q: What is middle age?
A: When you start growing disproportionally in the middle!