Sunday, September 08, 2024

Go with the flow (?)

 Sometimes, people around you make comments that stop you to ponder. 

Two days ago, while returning from a medical conference, my flight was delayed due to a storm while I was at the gate. The airline offered passengers the option of waiting or changing to other flights. I was intending to take the offer and fly the next day.

I asked one of the passengers (a professor at Mayo Clinic) beside me what we should do. He gave an interesting reply:

" When I was not that wise and used to go with the flow and whatever came my way, I made better choices in life. Since I started thinking of myself as intelligent, I made little progress. Life is a much higher phenomenon, and the human mind, with logic, usually fails against life's curve balls. I guess I will wait."


No comments: