Thursday, June 17, 2010

7 sisters, A bhai and Greek mythology

(An email reply I received after a 29 year old brother of my colleague died in a car accident. He was youngest of seven sisters).

"I am a very christian person. I go and take my kids to church every Sunday. I asked, cried and protested to God without any answer. They say Greeks have a word for everything, and there is no human situation the Greeks didn't describe.The Greeks say it's a sin against the Gods to love something beyond all reason. Our love killed him. We are seven sisters and he was our only brother. And when someone is loved so, the Gods become jealous, and strike the object down in the very fullness of its flower. There's a lesson in it. Its profane to love too much..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as too much love...

mystic said...

Dear Annonymous - This post is about how people sometime grieve their loss. How they percieve and try to rationalize tragedies in life.

Anonymous said...

And I have profound respect for human irrationality and self proclaimed rationality!

mystic-soul said...

lol!