Monday, June 13, 2011

Salute to Dollywood!

As summer vacation kicked in, last weekend I took my kids to theme park in Tennessee named Dollywood. Its a pretty descent park with good rides. But what really impressed me at this park - which was different from all other national theme parks was - most of their employees were senior citizens. Park was running as efficiently as any other theme park. Rather they were more courteous to people than many young people at other theme parks. (and I have been to plenty of theme parks in USA).

I always bragged to friends about respect and care for elderly people in our eastern culture but over time I am seeing reverse phenomenon. My hats off to this thought from Dollywood to keep senior citizens in work force (if they want to), providing self respect, self esteem and be productive members of society. It was worth mentioning - at least for me. 

No comments: