Sunday, November 09, 2014

Donor

When I married her, everybody thought I was an idiot. She did not bear a good reputation in our strong-knit Jewish community. My mom thought she was a gold digger. Please make no mistake; our marriage was not very smooth either. Sometimes, we thought of divorcing each other but stuck together for the sake of kids. And then, I was diagnosed with kidney failure. As my creatinine kept rising, I lost control over my life, my career, and myself. My nephrologist suggested I look for a donor - instead of waiting on the national registry. It may prevent the agony of dialysis and its complication. All of my siblings looked away, but she had no second thought about giving her one kidney to me. What she did, requires an immense depth in one's soul to be comfortable with donating a live organ. I was wrong all my life trying to judge my wife through people's eyes. Yes, I am an idiot!

*

2 comments:

bsc said...

I know I am late in writing but this is just a thought because I have paid a lot of attention to this aya (Sura 4, Aya 19) last part of Aya "......live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike a thing and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good>"One needs to go into the depth of it through more than one tafseer.

mystic-soul said...

I went back and read that ayat..Indeed very enlightening!