Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Wars

In last few days I watched 3 movies

1. Indian Movie Haider  
2. Russel Crowe's The Water Diviner
3. Clint Eastwood's American Sniper

Billions of words have been written and spoken on the miseries and sorrows of war - and whatever I will write here would be redundant. Human history is nothing but a catalogue of war and destruction.

All these 3 movies slowly sunk into me. Irrespective of their technical loose sides, these movies made me sad and taught me only one lesson: "Patriotism, Revolution, Nationalism, Religion, Loyalty, Honor and so called many other values which instigate one human to kill another human, and to destroy peaceful lives and settlements should not be taught in schools with so much vigor."

 I think it was  Khalil Jibran who said: "Kiya jo Khanjar main ne tere seeney main utara, ye wahi khanjar nahi? jo mere dil ke aar paar ho raha hai" (Isn't it the same dagger which I put through your chest, is going through my heart?)

(BTW: If you want to see real mature acting - don't miss Russel Crowe in Water Diviner)

Haider here
THe Water Diviner here
American Sniper here





No comments: