Friday, December 09, 2016

Azan

"You went to Pakistan after good 30 years. How was your trip? Do you miss Pakistan after coming back?"

"I don't miss Pakistan but yes I do miss one thing since I am back. I feel very empty without it"
.
"Interesting! what is that?"

"Yaar apne mohalle ki masjid ki paanch waqt ki azan ki awaz ko bohat miss kerta hun. Mujh jesa daheriya - aur magreeb ki zindagi main dooba huwa - womenizer - aur har raat whisky peene wala aadmi - ye baat kahe to ajeeb hi lagta hai - magar sach bhi yahi hai".


3 comments:

bsc said...

U r right and Azan does have significant effect on all of us. First time I was returning from England after 5 tears and our plane stopped at Cairo as soon as doors opened it was maghreb time and the sound of azan struck my hearing. Right at that moment I realized what I had missed for 5 yrs.
Now some western country is banning azan on loudspeakers in masajid, I heard. Personally I partly agree. I think we should stop the LOUDSPEAKERS and (even in Muslim countries)continue azan without them as it was before this loudspeaker system appeared (at that time this as well as radios were called shaitan ki awaz by conservative ulama)

mehnaz said...

Come, Come, Whoever You Are

Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow

a thousand times
Come, yet again, come, come. (Mw. RUMI)

Shaan said...

Sach mei Sukoon milta hai Azaan sunne par....

@Bsc...I do Agree with you

@Menaaz :- apke reply ka jawab nahi