Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Trajectory

As I have lived more than half of my life, and as I try to connect the dots of various episodes, I am learning that sometimes minor incidents in our lives set a trajectory of more significant future events. We meet someone accidentally, see a billboard, read a mindless article, travel somewhere for no reason, or even make a wrong turn on a highway. Minor events and daily occurrences sometimes set a trajectory to a more immense horizon. I think I blogged the quote from Steve Jobs before:

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it leads you off the well worn path; and that will make all the difference.”

*

2 comments:

EyeAre said...

Interesting observation. You may like this article:

THE USEFULNESS OF USELESS KNOWLEDGE

https://library.ias.edu/files/UsefulnessHarpers.pdf

mystic-soul said...

Thank you. It was an excellent read.