Wednesday, October 07, 2020

One spanish folklore song

 I was 17 years old when I and one of my friend read two books by Mustansir Hussain Tarrar (aka chacha). One was "nikle teri talash main'" and other was "undalas main ajnabi". We literary planned to run away from home so we can go to Europe like he did. We went to Liaqat national library in Karachi, photocopied maps, drew our route, collected all details of the train route, and youth hostels along our route. We made our passports. This was the time when Iran and Turkey's borders were open for Europe. As it was bound to happen, someone came to know of our secret plan, reported to the family and it took another 25 years before I saw Europe in true sense! What took away our breath was chacha's flow of writing. It was mesmerizing. 


6 comments:

bsc said...

Just beautiful and reminds me of Qateel Shifai marhooms Ghazal
men to mer ker bhi meri jan tumhain chahoonga

mystic-soul said...

Sung so great by Mehdi Hasan.

(Did book ever opened on email attachment:: Al-nabi?)

bsc said...

I did not get it There has been problem with my address so please send it on other address
wahaja@gmail.com

mystic-soul said...

Send

bsc said...

I am totally amazed at this unusual writing from Khalil Jibran I am glad you connected me to this classic I never read although during my younger days this name would prop up every now and again but I never read seriously and did not feel the urge to read
I have enjoyed this one and a good Urdu translation Every sentence under every title is like a quotable something like a proverb Full of them and you feel the genious palpably throughout Just one for you to wonder
الفاظ کا علم کیا ہے غیر ملفوظ علم کا محض ایک سایہ

Mystic said...

Book was named :"The prophet" , and writing is also prophetic.....