Monday, October 12, 2020

May 23

 One of my friends twice in a week make the same mistake with the subject line "May 23" on the Title slide while we were working out presentations for students for October 23 and November 23.

I asked: 'Why you are so obsessed with  May 23?'

He is from Chandigarh. We converse in Hindi. He said: 

"Yaar duniya main kuch taarikhain aesi hoti hain, dimag se chipak jaati hain.......I was in deep love with one girl back home in India. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. It's now 28 years but still whenever it's 23 my hand subconsciously type May 23. It was her birthday......... Yaar ye ishq aur lagao bari zalim cheezain hain. Lagta hai sab kuch bhool gaye, magar saath chipki rehti hain............I am a geriatrician. You know in senile dementia and Alzheimer's, people recall their past vividly. I deal with this phenomenon every day. Mere yaara it hurts".

No comments: