Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Annihilation

I went to see one of my patients I cared for once. Unfortunately, he progressed to stage 4 cancer and is now in hospice. He said something worth sharing:

"Doc! I am lucky to take care of many affairs that people may not be able to when they die abruptly. It is such a blessing. I was able to distribute my estate fairly. I am talking to many friends, reading many books, and enjoying favorite foods as much as possible. A few days are good, and a few are bad due to pain. The most important realization is that - we all eventually annihilate in-universe as energy. We never die. We think we were born. Our energy vibe slowed, and we lived as a body for a while. We were always here and will stay here. When I close my eyes and feel myself as a wave of energy, I suddenly feel a part of the infinite universe. I feel immense peace, and I ask myself, where is death?"

*

No comments: