Sunday, August 15, 2021

Day 53 of Age 39

Somewhere around the third week of July, I admitted a Muslim Bangladeshi man with a drug overdose with the intention of suicide. We were able to save him after a couple of days on the ventilator. Our hospital arranges Muslim chaplains if asked. In any case, we were able to bring a local mosque Imam at the request of his family. He agreed to talk with him. I was in the room when Imam made this statement. I am not sure if I fully agree with this. You can make your judgment.

"Allah the Almighty says in Ayat 53 of Surah 39, named Zumar, that: "Do not take a toll on your nafs (life/soul). Do not lose hope in Allah's blessings. He forgives all sins, and he is Gafoorur-Rahim."


Here is the kick from Imam. I think this ayat is a sign for you, and you know Ayat itself means sign. You did your act on the 53rd day on your age 39, and this ayat is the 53rd ayat of Surah 39. Allah gives you a sign that if you asked for forgiveness of your act, you would be blessed by him.


Go figure!!!

3 comments:

bsc said...

Yes that is not the usual interpretation of asrafoo alaa anfusihim Most writers have said who have too many mistakes , sins
The type of interpretation this Imam is making I have not seen before but it cannot be called complete;y wrong
for what little I know of Quran
You remember however this is an aya very dear to me and special

mystic-soul said...

Question: Do you buy the 39/53 Ayat # as Imam synchronizes with his age? - I think, he just played a psychological trick.

bsc said...

A psychological trick