Monday, January 09, 2023

Gym and positive vibes

 A few years ago, after I developed cervical rediculopathy, my physical therapist insisted I be regular at the gym. Over time, though I bunked here and there - I tried to behave. I try to be at the gym on my off days, even for 10 minutes. Every day I recall a statement made by my personal trainer 7 years ago. 

"Gym doesn't only make you healthy, but it also makes you a good human being. When you are at the gym, you only think with positive vibes. You develop a passion for waiting when someone else is using your favorite machine. You learn to make room for other users. And when hundreds of humans of all ages, with different body shapes and sizes around you,  are trying hard to stay healthy, you develop a sense of linkage with humanity."

2 comments:

bsc said...

Gymn
Yes agree with all said but I am extremely lazy and with age laziness is worsening on occasional basis. First time I thought of excercise and its necessity when I first felt pain in my left knee on getting out of car (Left leg out first) That was around 4q0 yrs ago
Started Gym about 12 yrs ago only but before that for 10 years or so I walked in my neighborhood.

mystic-soul said...

Uncle, as they say...

"10 minutes of brisk walking every day increases your life by 10 years."