Thursday, January 05, 2023

Once upon a time in Romania

Dostoevsky ne kaha tha: "Sardian un ke liye sard hai, jin ke paas garam yaadain nahi."

I am fortunate to have a lot to be in memories to be nostalgic about all the time. The following text made me very nostalgic about almost 10-12 years ago, in Romania - lost in the woods.

"These pics are so so nostalgic for me. Whenever I look at these, it feels as if I am standing next to you on the road, waiting for the bus. First, right then left side of the road, cool air breezing through. Your nose is turning pink. Then I noticed your shirt cuffs which were out of your jacket sleeves, and u hadn't tied the buttons of the shirt in a sequence (Remember?) Then I undo and do buttons of yr shirt's cuffs and folded extra length of cuffs inside muttering?" Saalon aisay bund keay hain apnay baiton ke shirts ko and now yours" . That sheepish look on yr face is one of my cherished memory. Then u decided we should walk and find the bus (which we had already missed but were not aware of that then)



No comments: