Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Prayer as a password

Recently, our hospital asked to create long and complicated passwords. There is a wave of hacking of hospital records in the last couple of years and hospitals are paying millions for ransom. As we were sharing our frustration while every time we sign it takes an effort to click 15-18 unusual characters. One 75-year-old attending told me:

 - I put my prayer as a password with one letter and an exclamation mark (!) at the end. Every time, I have to sign in, I type my prayer - it calms me down and keeps my faith going.


4 comments:

Aly said...

mystic, by any chance would you be in Boston towards the end of May?

Aly said...

Yes Mystic, I am here for an NIH network meeting then will come to boston from May 24 onwards.

zkidiary said...

Let's connect via email: My id is zkidiary
Email and lets exchange phone #s
Currently out of the country so assessing the blog every couple of days, but will watch for your email.

Aly said...

Hello Mystic. Do check your email