Thursday, December 14, 2006

Amir Khusraw

(Beautiful sufi song written by Amir khusraw for his guide Nizamuddin Aulia - nijam as in last line - source: http://www.alif-india.com/lyrics.html)




You've taken away my looks, my identity, by just a glance.
By making me drink the wine of love-potion, You've intoxicated me by just a glance;
My fair, delicate wrists with green bangles in them, Have been held tightly by you with just a glance.
I give my life to you, Oh my cloth-dyer, You've dyed me in yourself, by just a glance.
I give my whole life to you Oh, Nijam, You've made me your bride, by just a glance.

Beautifully sung by various artists but here is Naheed Akhtar version


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice...

why am i soo into sad songs all of a sudden??? I never liked them before but theyre oh so good now. whats even better? sad songs remixed...

mystic-soul said...

I think its just different mood we go through..Also as we get mature, we like to slow down plus we realize life has its own thorns.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that song. I LOVE Nizamuddin Awliya. I love amir khusraw.

Anonymous said...

I came here through Koonj's blog and the first thing i noticed was this translation of the song and the transcript in Urdu...isi ko din banana kehte hain na...
You I think have just earned yourself a regular visitor...
:)

mystic-soul said...

You are always welcome here.