Friday, July 31, 2009

Effortless

One Word - I learned in my life - which makes a distinct between a genius vs a regular person is "effortless".

Like in music few people can sing anything (no matter how difficult) so "effortlessly" like Kishore Kumar, Ahmad Rushdie, Mehdi Hasan and in west Beatles, Michael Jackson, Elvis and others. In acting, this moment I can think of Anil Kapoor in India and Sajid Hassan in Pakistan. If you watch them - their acting seems so natural, pleasant and completely effortless - like its just a way of life. Remember Jerry Sienfield? (what an effortless comedian). Similar is true for poets (famous episode of Ghalib when he recited whole bawazan ghazal in King's court), artists, cartoonists, scientists, surgeons, physicians and list goes on.

I don't know are they just gifted or they choose to do in life what they call "calling of their heart"?

2 comments:

bsc said...

Interesting!
But it made me think, what do I do "effortlessly"
Cannot name onething.
Being in that category of senior citizens, But also I feel sure that most effortless singer was Sehgal.
In acting, I was most impressed by Audry Hepburn (at least in her "Roman Holiday", which incidentally is my most fav. movie)
However you have done a remarkable job of enumeration of so many artists so effortlessly!!!

mystic said...

I scratched my head for so many things but could not come up with a single thing which I can do effortlessly. Probably that whats make me a common man and keep me apart from geniuses of this world!