Monday, November 14, 2011

At Deathbed!

 "Who would you like to be with when you are dying"?

I am very good in answering instantly to this type of questions but this took a while for me. Actually, I pondered for a day! I imagined myself dying on deathbed and thought about my siblings, close friends, cousins, relatives, even parents and my kids whom I thought I love most in my life - but I came to a very different answer!

I would not like to have many people around my deathbed while dying. I would like to have only one person whom I love from my heart and have full trust, to be there. Nothing can be more peaceful than that!!

As Ustaq Zauq said:

Kum honge is bisat pe hum jese badqimar
Jo chal hum chale, so nihaye't buri chale

5 comments:

Aasem Bakhshi said...

Why not alone? I would reckon it to be most peaceful.

mystic said...

I thought about that too but I found it too despondent. Its too depressing I guess.

Aasem Bakhshi said...

I kept thinking since your post and I'll prefer it alone. It would be depressing in any case to see your loved ones helpless and dejected.

But on a different note, it was an extremely useful post as it reminded us of death which is perhaps the most extraordinary and the only future event we can predict with 100% certainty; yet we take it so ordinarily as if it is not going to happen very soon. Jazak Allah.

beyond said...

i am scared of death not because of afterlife stuff but i will miss the people that i really love.for e.g my family.

i am not so sure about afterlife as in it is there or not.what do you think,doctor?

mystic-soul said...

Beyond: Mera khayal hai

ye kuch to hai jis ki parda-dari hai!