Sunday, June 28, 2015

Patricia

I moved to new neighborhood about 3 years ago and start going to nearest grocery store (safeway) just out of convenience. I try to patronize small mom-and-pop type stores but unfortunately those kind of stores are fast vanishing from big cities. In any case, 3 years ago, my first customer service representative on counter was Patricia (as her name badge says). Her manners, smiles, welcomes, greetings, thank-yous, patience with annoying customers and good byes are so infectious that now I wait in line to go to her counter. This weekend, as expected, store was crowded. I realized, I am not the only faithful customer. Despite 2 empty counters there were 10 people ahead of me waiting for Patricia to check them out. 

Patricia may be working at minimal wage, may not have a fancy college degree, may have her own bad days, may have her own issues in life with family, health, kids and car etc. etc. - but she puts everything on side as she works and smiles - and radiates positive energy all around. 

 It says, where the core lies of human bonding and how much money we really do need to make this world a better place.

4 comments:

Shaan said...

Yes i have experienced and all the above are my thoughts...


Regards,
Shaan

mystic-soul said...

Shan Mian....saal main aik baar nazar aate ho..Eid ka chand ho

Shaan said...

Sir,
Sach bolo mei apke blog ka humesha intazaar karta rehta huu...mei apke ek blog ek bhi miss nahi karta hu...

bsc said...

This started me thinking of similar yet different feeling so I wrote my own blog, please do see it Mystic