Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Aik sufi hikayat


Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi once got a visitor. Maulana asked: "How's life going?" Guest said, "If I get I be thankful, and if I don't I preserve patience". Maulana said: "So do dogs of Baghdad too" So guest said: "How are you going?" Rumi replied: "If I get I do charity, and if not I stay grateful" .



ایک دفعہ مولانا جلال الدین رومی کے پاس ایک مرید آیا
 "مولانا نے پوچھا "کیسی گزر رہی ہے ؟ 
"مرید بولا، "مل جائے تو شکر کرتے ہیں، نہ ملے تو صبر 
"مولانا نے فرمایا "ایسا تو بغداد کے کتے بھی کرتے ہیں 
"مرید بولا، "آپ کی کیسے گزر رہی ہے؟ 
"آپ نے فرمایا، "مل جائے تو صدقہ کرتے ہیں، نہ ملے تو شکر

4 comments:

mehnaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mehnaz said...

Imam Ghazzali said: the station if gratitude is higher than that of patience', I wondered, but this anecdote gives a lot of food for thought! Thank you!

mystic-soul said...

What a quote from Imam Ghazali. Indeed, it's true

Anony said...

Thank you both @mystic and @mehnaz for sharing the anecdotes!