Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Religions and Real-Estate

When we travel, we meet interesting people with interesting background. A couple of nights ago, I was sitting at a coffee shop - enjoying my favorite cappuccino. (Unfortunately, I only enjoy coffee if I am away from the USA).

As I was minding my book and my leisure time, I met a person who joined my table. This individual was a professional accountant and an auditor, who specialized in accounting for churches and religious institutions (never heard of it). He said an interesting thing:

"Religions are the biggest real estate mafia in this world."

Now pondering on this statement for the last two days, I have no concrete answer - and tend to agree with it.

3 comments:

Eyeare said...

And religions are the biggest money-launderer

Aly said...

Sir, are you out of USA?

mystic-soul said...

I was! Now back to same torture chamber of work :)