Monday, September 16, 2019

Horse Whisperer

There was a long period of time in history where horses continued to be considered an integral part of human living. Not only they were the fastest mode of transportation and communication, but they were also used as a weapon in wars, loyal companions as friends, and source of highest pride. It was considered art to handle them. (if you ever get chance, watch Robert Redford's movie horse whisperer -  here)

This was an interesting article came out 2 weeks ago:

"There was real fear, real danger and real potential for consequences," Beckerman said. "Grant (owner of the ranch) showed the power of love and kindness, of trust and establishing boundaries. The experience reinforced my beliefs about the downside of anger, confrontation and aggression."

Link: What executives can learn from a horse

Url: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/29/success/executives-horses/index.html

3 comments:

bsc said...

My hats off to you. Where do you fish out such things for a blog
This brought back lot of experiences of life especially in my last 15 years in VA Hospital before retirement I was my own boss before joining VAH I was a soft hearted boss by nature but in VA I was given training for executive dis ipline I hated that approach but it is based on Federal principles
I was glad to retire in time
There is more to it in my thinking about for instance in bringing up your children where love is directly involved
Need less to say I enjoyed this blog. It may inspire me to write my own thoughts and yes Horse has been so important like dog and both these animals are mentioned in Quran Majeed

mystic-soul said...

Thank you, uncle!

By the way, there is a lot of debate in Islamic societies about having dogs as a pet or not? I believe it is more cultural than religious. Societies with many stray dogs on streets dislike dogs as a pet but welcomed elsewheres. I don't think it's a religious debate.

Please write a blog on it.

(Uncle, I lost you email. Can you please email at zindagikidiary@yahoo.com)

bsc said...

I know I read all the Ahadeeth about dogs but There is no doubt about the dog with Ashab Kahaf who was treated by God along with the men as their pet and underwent the same miracle