Sunday, May 23, 2021

That one haunted house

It is said that (at least in the USA) a person lives in 11 houses in his lifetime. There is always a place - which haunts a human for the rest of his/her life.

As we five friends discussed the above scenario, all of them believed that it is probably true.

In my case, I have a place I lived for three years, well inside woods and mountains in the far land of Northwest USA (now feels like my previous life) - periodically still haunts me. Nothing happened while I lived there, but it is almost 25 years since I wake up with either a nightmare or "not a good feeling." It includes a feeling of drowning, fear, or evil personalities around.

One of my medical school friends, who stayed back in Pakistan and now practices surgery in Islamabad, lived at many places while his father was posted at various places as an army commando. He still periodically wakes up with nightmares and beaten-up feelings inside one house in the remote mountain of the afghan area. Interestingly, he wakes up with bruises all over his body. Multiple times, all blood workups, including coagulation profile, etc., etc., turned out to be completely normal.

(Interestingly, as I was writing this post, his text messages appeared on my phone)

Any thoughts? Anyone?


4 comments:

bsc said...

Too grovy for me although I have lived in many houses

mystic-soul said...

Personally, I still believe these all are manifestations of neuro-psychiatry.

bsc said...

Well I remembered this when I had a groovy feeling in early sleep period that it has been happening to me for some time in my current home that is the last one in which I moved May 2003
I did some neurological thinking so I am writing my blog on this subject that may or may not be connected to what you are saying
Please do visit my blog but give me time for a couple of days to write

mystic-soul said...

I Will wait to read it....