Monday, January 04, 2010

3 Idiots

I wanted to write this post since I saw Aamir Khan's new movie, "3 Idiots." It's worth watching. Though the second half is typical Indian cheezy drama, I enjoyed this movie. The theme is very strong. It reminded me of many of my strange, weird, funny, spooky, and unusual class fellows. Many of them quit medicine and did something else in life! One committed suicide and many turned psycho under pressure to pass exams.

But the central character (Aamir Khan) reminded me of Ejaz Ahmad. He entered medical school with us. He did all the exams with us. He was friends with all the big student union guys. Suddenly, he vanished in 4th year. I met him after many, many years. When I asked him about his whereabouts, he laughed very hard. He was never a student of our medical school. He was a police informer planted with new arrivals. He innocently said - I don't think you should blame me for this! I was doing my job for 5000 rupees per month...And I was thinking, how the hell did you pass all those medical exams, and what about all those deep discussions on anatomy, physiology, biochemistry......

Gaye dinon ka surag le ker kidhar se aaya kidhar gaya woh
Ajeeb ma'noos ajnabee tha, mujeh to heraan ker gaya woh

*


4 comments:

mao said...

I'm definitely freaked out. One of the advantages I guess of going to private universities is that you're classfellow is probably not a political party gunda or police informant. Yikes! Life is so crazy!

mystic said...

so watch that movie...its interesting...

beyond said...

really.thats interesting.i am one of those who left medicine and went for literature.but i have to say i left because medicine was tough.so if the guy was just some police guy,hats off to him if he did well in exams.cuz it aint easy.

mystic said...

it surprise me untill today....