Saturday, January 02, 2010

Front desk

"I work at front desk of a 5 star hotel. Yes it hurts when people treat us like servants. I had more respect working in a simple low level motel. People with less money were more accomodative. No its not my fault - if you could not get upgraded private suite. Unfortunately few people have more money than you or probably you pressed wrong button making reservation. Yes we close our kitchen at 11 PM. Yes my hotel charge for continental breakfast. Its not my fault. You don't have to yell on me if your internet is not working. Yes sometime heaters, airconditions and toilets do not work properly even in best hotels but its not front desk person fault. We may sound polite on face but hope you can see our bleeding heart. I hope some day you understand - money does not give you passport to humiliate others knowing he is slave of his paycheck and your undue complaint may cause him his livelihood"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what about not giving me extra pillow.

bsc said...

I am afraid that goes with the job and you have to be polite under all circumstances

mao said...

Only this weekend I asked for a bedsheet change at 11pm. They offered us a suite upgrade without us asking. So, I hope I wasn't grating on the guy's nerves.

Every job sucks. And you hate the people you work for in every job. Comes with the territory.

mystic said...

Every job sucks....lol