Friday, September 04, 2009

Usre Yusra

I didn't blog much in last one week, as I was trying to overcome the shock of death of one of my very good friend. Imagine a friend, who you meet everyday - who is always smiling, helping and ready to give fair advise - who you talk to in the morning and in the evening you get news that he is shot dead during house robbery, leaving behind a 2 year old and a pregnant wife!

It took me sometime to overcome the grief. I tried to find solace in books, movies, internet and may-o-meena-o-ayag but without any help. I can't explain but what bring some relief to my heart were 2 small ayats from Quran. Actually, the same thing is said twice - telling me how important is this message of life:

F'inna-m'a'l-usre-yusra. Inna m'a'l-usre-yusra (94:5-6)

(So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief)

It took me back 16 years ago, when we all friends were going through little tough time trying to find residency spot in USA. One of my friend received news of having baby back home in Pakistan. He jumped with joy in Chicago's lincoln park and named his daughter Yusra. Indeed! he was smart and was able to connect the dots of this universal mystic web.


Allah hum sab ko asani de aur asani taqseem kerne ka sharf de (Ashfaq Ahmad)

9 comments:

beyond said...

very sorry to hear that.it is just horrible.i wonder whats going through his wife head.i wish her and her children all the luck in the world.

bsc said...

Sabr
Patience and perseverence is the answer and Allah gives tawfiq for it so pray
Rasoolullah SAWS would take to Namaz when he found himself in difficulty
"O you who believe, seek help with patient perseverence and prayer......." (Sura II Aya 153.)That goes for the family as well as for you. "Namaz and sabr" are combined there are many reasons but just take it from me and trust me that prescription works for calming down and bringing peace and tranquillity to heart

mystic said...

Dear Beyound, She is broken. May Allah bless her.

Yes Uncle - I find great strength from surah asar....

hiro said...

Nice to meet you.

I was going to paste the link without permission because I had very felt the interest for your blog.

Please link me with the blog if it is good.

URL:http://ibsoffice.blogspot.com/

E-Mail:h-mori@ibs-office.com

Maria said...

wow it felt good to have Allah's assurance...

mezba said...

Sorry for your loss. Hope things are a bit better now. It's a shame security is such a big deal in our lands.

mystic said...

Thanks Mezba....

Long time I didn't visit my blogroll but thanks for reminding me that all good people are still there and blogging.....

Anonymous said...

Salaams,

Inna lillahe wa inna illeyhe raji'oun

So sorry about the tragic loss of your friend. May he be granted the joy of closeness to God, and may his family & friends be granted patience, strength and memories of him that move from deep sadness into lasting sweetness, ameen.

Take good care of yourself.

Big hugs,
Baraka

mystic said...

Thanks Baraka,

Lot of bloggers are gone back to real life but I am glad you are stilll around....