Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"that one moment"

I am posting this email, not to brag about myself but to see if anyone else had this kind of moments in life too? I received following on my personal email and when I responded, it bounced back. Probably the person has cancelled email account. My comments are after email.
"Doc,

Granted, I felt that maybe I knew you from past life?......I have no reason to lie, it would do me no good. 

Approximately 18 years ago, I stayed with a friend in Chicago for 1 month, we visited Makki Masjid and attended few religious festivals, classes and women majalis.  I  visited masjid  daily (that is my version of heaven on earth).  And I think that's when I saw you for a very brief moment.  It was more like a tunnel vision experience, everything around us had stopped, nothing else existed, as if the time held still ... I am sure you've had those moments too, don't you?  I thought it was weird ....... I forgot all about it until .... I saw your pic with name in one Pakistani magazine, I almost fell off my chair.
 
I was contemplating telling you this because I didn't want you to think that I was using this as a bait to reel you into my life.  I was actually surprised when I saw your pic, I didn't know you were a doctor and then had a flashback when for a brief moment I noticed you were alone coming out from Makki Masjid, you were looking to the side and had this big smile on your face and I thought to myself, how sweet! normally you don't see people smiling and whatever reason behind it didn't matter, it seem genuine and attractive...it put the smile on my face.
....I am just happy to be there and it's like a Light Switch, it just comes on, sometimes I have no control over it.  All I know is that I am happy, so I felt the same way about you.  I believe it was a spiritual experience......  
Therefore, believe me when I say, I did not know you then and I still don't know you but I wish I know you. I found your email via google....."  

I had such moments twice in my life. One person (a girl), I never found despite my all endeavors. Other person became my closest friend for now almost 30 years.Though we have many many long years in between  going without talking.

3 comments:

Beyond said...

Sorry i do not understand this post.is it not possible for a guy to see you in a mosque somewhere a long time ago?
I am really scared of this after life ideas.because i think i will feel very lonely and scared if something does happen after i die as it will be new and unexpected if you what i mean?i envy those people who think this life is all they have and there will be nothing afterwards.how freeing and liberating these thoughts must be for them.
The reincarnation idea has been around for thousands of years and sometimes i think there must be something true to it if it has sustained for so long.but then there are so many other theories too which were always there.i wonder which one is right.i am actually curious to see which one will come true after i am gone;)

mystic-soul said...

Beyond,

Idea behind this post was to highlight that "One moment" when a complete stranger feels like a completely known person in and out like you know him/her for long time. There is this instant feeling that you have met him/her very intimately/closely in past or past life.

Does reincarnation exist? Don't know. May be. If there is no life after here - why to bother? and if there is - why to worry? That's my approach.

But if get time, read Dr. M. Newton's (california) work on hypnosis in this regard. Book is called "Journey of souls".

I believe in A'alame-e-arwah and its a good news!

Anaa said...

Some incidents and some people in life look familiar . It is because may be they are together in A'alame-e-arwah before their birth.I am still searching why some incidents look so familiar in life as if we are reliving them .

Ramadan Kareem , Bro !