Thursday, August 08, 2019

Article 15

I was very impressed by how this movie was made!

From the title song (first scene) to end of the movie, the director kept the grip on the movie and never let it fall or stray away. This movie was a classic example of how people in rural areas of any third world country are at the mercy of the police,  politician and religious leaders mafia.

Kiya India, kiya Pakistan, Kiya Africa aur kiya shumali amrika

Poor men suffer at the hand of the class system - religious, cultural, social or economical

How courageously director addresses the religious class system in today's nationalist and unfortunately Hindutva India - made me actually surprised! It gives me hope for India. She is such a great country but unfortunately, it's fast turning into a fascist and a nonsecular democracy. Sometimes it makes me sad. I have witnessed religious extremism destroying the whole fabric of Pakistani society and mindset. I say in my heart - not again!

MulkoN ke batware hote rehte hain 
sarkarain badlti rehti hain 
samaj ke rang badalte rehte hain 
chehre badlte rehte hain 

bus nahi badalti to - gareeb ki qismat! 


Trailer with closed captions

2 comments:

bsc said...

So true
I remember one time a Tonga wala said to me Ajj kal Ayub sadda badsha ay
No matter what you call them PM otr president or whatever they are all for the poor people Badshah and they behave that way too

mystic-soul said...

Indeed, they behave like kings