Saturday, November 23, 2019

3 life dreams

I was putting some old papers in boxes and came across a paper almost 8/9 years old. I asked medical students rotating with me to write their most cherished ambitions/dreams. It was anonymous so no one knew who wrote what. Those kids were young but sensitive, smart and full of life. I am putting three of those here.

1. I’d like to have a long, healthy and happy life so that when I’ll be 90, I want to go to the pharmacy with my husband (70 years old 😉) and ask for medicine. When the pharmacist will give me the box, I’ll say “you know, I invented this drug!”

2. Before I die. I want to do something unique for humanity, which can be cherished as my legacy.

3. The moment I die, I want only one person at my bedside, a woman I am truly in love with, and holding her hand.

I think it was interesting. Unfortunately, most of these bright kids get crushed by undue hard work, life responsibilities and undue stress of our profession. Sometimes I feel sad about the loss of their innocence.

No comments: