Tuesday, August 04, 2020

At the moment of death

(A conversation with a COVID-19 patient who survived)

 "You almost died that day. If you remember, you asked me to make sure to inform your family. How did you feel before I put you on a ventilator, and we all knew this might be your last conscious moment?"

"It was interesting. At that given moment, there was a massive surge of acceptance to death. There was no fear. I was even devoid of any faith or religion. I didn't care if God exists. Suppose there is anything after death, well and good. If it is all over, let it be. Interestingly, I was still worried about my youngest child, who is still not grown up. Otherwise, no possession mattered".

2 comments:

bsc said...

"No possession mattered"
That reminds me of Sikander Azam story he ordered his hands to be shown outside the coffin empty, Remember?
But it is still brave moment. I don't know I may feel the same but I have already lived my life to full all I have is to remind me of the bag of my sins to bother me. May be I will make a sincere attempt at asking forgiveness from Allah I cant imagine myself without faith/religion

mystic-soul said...

Uncle, your comment reminded me of a conversation with a 92 years old COVID patient. Let me blog it.