Monday, January 26, 2009

Picture abhi baqi hai mere dost

Over the weekend, I was in Dallas and was sitting with a friend - talking depressingly about few events from life. Though this may not be true but I liked it when he imitated these dialogues of Shahrukh Khan from the movie 'Om Shanti Om'. I kept smiling all my way back.

"Ladies and Gentleman. Kehtey hain, agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to poori kaainaat use tum se milane ki koshish main lag jaati hai........aaj is baat ka bhi yaqeen ho gaya ke hamari filmoN ki tarah, hamari zindagi main bhi 'End' tuk, sab kuch theek hi ho jaata hai - Happys Ending - aur agar theek na ho to woh 'The End' nahi. Picture abhi baqi hai mere dost. Picture abhi baqi hai ...."

Try to say this line in your bad patch - "Picture abhi baqi hai mere dost" - it may help.


You can see both versions, (funny) and (serious) at youtube.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this part of the movie...

Anonymous said...

wasn't it cool!

bsc said...

I have not watched new movies now as I cant hear very good. but this is very "cool" indeed, I totally agree and somewhat comforting too

Anonymous said...

though, mind you, i don't always believe in happy endings.

Anonymous said...

me neither and I think in real life, there are more gloomy endings than happy ones.

Magar bus dil ko aik qarar sa aa jaata hai

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really needed that!! Adversity, Challenge, Bitter Criticism --these are the things I am dealing with and sometimes a person just needs a reminder-- sort of a "stay tuned and see what happens next . . ." :).
Thanks for the reminder--ham har roz aik safa likhtay hain apni kahani ka--kya likhtay hain? Yehi to maza hai: 'picture abhi baqi hai...'

Anonymous said...

Saima..

I had exactly the same feelings and it helped a lot overcoming that particular situation.

So true: - 'ham har roz aik safa likhtay hain apni kahani ka--kya likhtay hain?'