Saturday, January 10, 2009

Princess and the Monster-2



"I bumped your blog by accident and read your post 'Princess and the Monster'. This is very true. At
least I had monsters in my castle. I was born in Lahore. I was princess of my daddy (abbu) too. I was molested many times by my elder brother's friend at age 7 and than again by another friend at age 8. My parents move to UK when I was 11. There, I was molested by my brother-in-law who was 20 years older than me. At age 14, I was lured to bed by another guy, nothing but to loose my virginity.

When I was 15, one day my other brother-in-law asked me to meet him outside school. He threatened me, that if I will not sleep with him - he will divorce my sister. I was confuse. To save my sister, I slept with him. When I got married - I told my husband about my past. He found it a good justification to beat me for 20 years as a 'slut woman'.

I am now 45, sitting here, reading your blog. My dad is 80 years old and on wheelchair. I am still her princess but I want to tell him: "You don't know daddy. There are always monsters hiding inside princess castle".

4 comments:

bsc said...

My God, I never would have thought of such monsters.
You will remain princess, yes, my daughter. Monsters will remain monsters which may include the "husband" too. I admire the courage to talk about these things indeed. it is your simplicity and diyanat dari my daughter. But I wish you had not talked, the way I used to feel reading Sádat Hasan Minto but he wrote such "facts"
Sorry I find myself compelled to write to her on your blog Mystic. heart-rending, anger provoking
a disturbed abbu.

Anonymous said...

If somebody do this to my daughter, I will kill him...

Anonymous said...

silence can either kill you...or kill sum1 else...
sigh...if only she would hvae said sumting...but yet again its easy to say than do.
God bless her in this life and in hereafter.
Maria

Anonymous said...

aameen..

I think, its very important to increase awareness about this abuse and to make sure victim feels no guilt.

But again, easy to say but hard to do...