Friday, November 12, 2010

Mid-life crisis

What destroyed our marriage was a mid-life crisis. Exactly the day he turned 48, he bought a new BMW. A few days later, he purchased a red sofa in the house. He went for a hair transplant. But I didn't expect that he would divorce me! We were raising four kids together like the Brady bunch. He found a young girlfriend and became a sugar daddy. He started dressing more like Elvis, and it was apparent that he was working hard to enjoy life. I was devastated. He stuck around for a couple of years visiting kids but then vanished completely. I went into depression, hit with a couple of bad accidents under the influence of all crazy anti-psychotics. It was a hard time. Eventually, kids grew out and moved on with their life. I learned to live my life by finding hobbies of dancing and knitting. I tried to date 2/3 times but found the same shade in those men. Sixteen years passed by. I didn't see my ex ever in those years.

And yesterday, suddenly, we bumped into one community fair. I didn't recognize at first glance. My ex was bald again and appeared very old. Tons of wrinkles on the face. He was walking with a cane. I guess he developed a terrible hip. I called his name. He looked at me. Tears came to his eyes. He put his hands on my shoulder. He tried to say something but then walked off without words. He looks pretty alone. I wish he would have talked to me. I wanted to tell him that I still value our ten years of marriage more than anything, but words have lost meaning. I came back to a lonely house.

So watch yourself! And don't let any young chick at the strip club or Craiglist plunge you into a deep ditch of a mid-life crisis. It kills people and their loved ones from the inside.

*

No comments: