Saturday, October 01, 2011

"The Help", 9/11 and Hope

You guys may be tired of my obsession with off-beat movies, but I see them as critical intellectual endeavors. I went to see the film - "The Help"! Though it was a story of 'blacks' and 'whites' from the civil rights time, it reminded me of today's post 9/11 America and 'Muslims in it.

It is an incredible story of human bonding beyond color and status. It shows a reaction to an unfair society. This is a story of hope. Change is inevitable. It reminds us again that - discrimination based on color, gender, religion, and others is nothing - but an eternal tussle of good and evil! 

Life goes on. The only thing matters - on which side of the fence you lived your life!

 Trailer here

 Note: Emma stone proved herself in this movie as an actress

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw 'a lot like love' yesterday. Such a rom com- seriously doubting my mental health... haha

mystic-soul said...

Sounds like a chick flick!

bsc said...

You know, I frequently imagine same things happenming to Muslims in future as have happened in the racial struggle, especially when I see suchepisodes of the past America.

mystic said...

Uncle - in present day with so manty tools of communications...it would be hard..but I always get afraid for my kids.....They are Americans only..They are not Indian/Pakistani any more....May All mighty protect all of us...