Monday, December 17, 2012

Jhoot ki Deewar

This email is in response to one previous post: 'Ali Karim, Drugs, Sex aur Namaz!' (here)

"I read your post on Ali Karim's issue with weed/drugs. Let me tell you my ordeal - and what price I paid for this bad habit. 


I was engaged to the most wonderful girl in the world. Everything was like a Bollywood movie. We remained engaged for five years and finally had a memorable wedding. I had used weed since my college days. It never interfered with my studies or professional life. It was my hidden secret. I never shared with anyone, even her. We were together for almost eight years! And I hid from her my addiction to weed. Once we were married, she recovered weed from my jacket. I tried to hide again, but it was self-evident. It was not addiction or weed itself that broke our relationship but a web of lies I weaved over eight years - Retrospectively, all those small lies for bad breath, getting late, acting silly, red eyes, crashing on the sofa, etc., etc. - us aik jhoot ko chupane ke liye 100 dusre jhoot -


I wish she would come back, but still, what she said while leaving hurts me: "Tumne jhoot ki itni unchi deewar khari ker di hai ke main wapas bhi aana chaun to mumkin nahi"


I did quit weed cold turkey but still waiting for her"


*



No comments: