Monday, September 12, 2016

Eid and Parents

Early this morning in  the hospital, I met my one good Indian-Muslim colleague and said: "Eid Mubarak". As we took a corner to exchange greetings, he said something - and I was all day thinking about it. He said:

"Eid ab kahan! Bus Eid pe ab Ammi Abbu shiddat se yaad aate hain. Eid ki namaz ke liye abbu ka hamare liye gusal ka paani garam kerna, se le ker ammi ka naashte pe aehtmam tak. Ab sab kuch hai magar Eid ki woh subah nahi".

Choti si baat thi, magar poora din mere dil ko andar hi andar udas kerti rahi. 

Be-wajah baatoN pe aen waen gor kare
Dil sa koi kamina nahi ........

5 comments:

bsc said...

One of my "grand-daughters"posted a Photo
عید تو بچپن میں ہوتی تھی اب تو صرف چھٹی ہوتی ہوتی ہے

Books and Stilettos said...

Love that quote by your grand daughter 😃 so true ! Humain tou yahan chutti bhi nahi milti

mystic-soul said...

UNcle: Yahan to chutti bhi nahi hoti!!!!!

mystic-soul said...

B and S ::: I tried to leave a message at your poem Insomnia. Not sure, if it ever get it

Books and Stilettos said...

Thanks for reading my boring blog mystic-soul . I am not as active or good as you are ! But if you liked the poem thanks if not ...sorry to disappoint you 😃 waisey bhi its like 20 yrs old poem .... Kabhi insomnia hota tha ab tou ghoray baich k soti hon 😄