Friday, February 16, 2018

A Sad Story

We admit various types of patients in the hospital. And it is a norm. There is nothing new to say about it. Out of those admissions, some patients are old, frail, and lonely in the nursing home. Some come from home but never find a visitor; many others do. ( if you remember the story of Ajmal Shahab).

Last week in such a scenario, a nurse said: "There are few things in life; we cannot do anything; we can just pray. I always pray: I don't want to be a sad story."


Once, I blogged and took flakes for it, but I still believe:

Khush naseeb hote hain woh ma-baap jin ke bachhe unhe kandha dete hain.


Every culture and religion has some kind of ceremony at the death of a human, not only to bring closure for loved ones but also to pay homage to a death of a human. As Ustad Qamar Jalalvi* said:

Do char qadam to dushman bhi takleef gawarah kerte hain


No human should be a sad story or, as one colleague says - a phone call death!



* An interesting poet lived through the Pakistan-India saga and was probably called Ustad not only because he was a famous poet but also because he was a master bicycle mechanic!


*

3 comments:

mehnaz said...

I read the post of Ajmal sahab.
When you described him"looking out the window I remembered"
vahī hai zindagī lekin 'jigar' ye haal hai apnā
Ki jaise zindagī se zindagī kam hotī jaatī hai..
Sadness is infectious.



mystic-soul said...

Truly said: "Sadness is infectious"

bsc said...

You said at the end of Ajmal story
apnay liay bhi Der sa lagta hay
Or something like that. You are so right
I have recently talked in detail if I have stroke what should my wife do. We have our wills written out long time ago but talking may be important about such happenings, not inconceivable