Saturday, May 05, 2018

"Red Door"

Last year, a group of our friends decided to take a tour of Skye and the Highlands of Scotland. We were six goras, 3 Chinese and myself. As Scotland is home to whiskey, they decided one evening to go for whiskey tasting. I had no option but to accompany them, roam outside, drink cappuccino and wait for them.

Most beautiful things in life come as surprises. I saw a sign of art gallery and walked through the door. It was all paintings of Scotland's renowned artist Jim Woodman. Emotions he portrayed in the paintings were breathtaking. But one theme I found in his paintings boggled my mind for many hours. I was thinking about it even during my return flight. He had this unique "Red Door" in few of his paintings. It took me a while to understand his idea behind it. We all have these waves of emotions and thoughts going through our heart and soul every second of the life. And unconsciously, we all are trying to find that (provocative) door through which we can channel, pass, placate and home all these emotions at rest. I was very impressed and that Red Door always stayed with me.

You can browse his paintings, and read more about him at www.jimwoodman.co.uk

2 comments:

Books and Stilettos said...

Mystic - My diagnosis is that you were high on cappuccino while your friends were high on whiskey .....Hence your thoughts on Red door later on ...just kidding ~

I enjoyed your post and thoughts on Red Door :)

mystic-soul said...

:)