Saturday, June 30, 2018

Irfan Khan says..

In various ways, Irfan Khan (diagnosed with a high-grade neuroendocrine tumor) is one of my idols. He is one of my favorite people. He is a big actor as he is a well-read, an intelligent and a deep person. When 'anony' posted this article in comments from Times of India, it took me various days to absorb the depth of it. I was saddened for few days, then astonished and eventually, I was more humble. Irfan Khan said:

"In this chaos, shocked, afraid and in panic, while on one of the terrifying hospital visits, I blabber to my son, “The only thing I expect from ME is not to face this crisis in this present state. I desperately need my feet. Fear and panic should not overrule me and make me miserable.”

"As I was entering the hospital, drained, exhausted, listless, I hardly realised my hospital was on the opposite side of Lord’s, the stadium. The Mecca of my childhood dream. Amidst the pain, I saw a poster of a smiling Vivian Richards..... Once, while standing on the balcony of my hospital room, the peculiarity jolted me. Between the game of life and the game of death, there is just a road. On one side, a hospital, on the other, a stadium. As if one isn’t part of anything which might claim certainty – neither the hospital, nor the stadium. That hit me hard."


"I was left with this immense effect of the enormous power and intelligence of the cosmos... For the first time, I felt what 'freedom' truly means. It felt like an accomplishment. As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it. My confidence in the intelligence of the cosmos became absolute. I feel as if it has entered every cell of mine."


You can read the full article: https://bit.ly/2yoXz4A

No comments: