Thursday, January 02, 2020

Winnie the Pooh show

I was talking to my son regarding his childhood favorite show and he enlightened me more on it. I was unaware of the underlying theme of this show but it is a beautiful concept delivered to kids from childhood. All the characters in the show have some mental illness but they all live friendly. Similarly, we humans should accept mental illness as a normal process and live happily with each other. No wonder, the show was a massive hit.

(I am not happy as we lost our huge stuffed Winnie during the move. He always used to make me smile).

  • Winnie the Pooh: Impulsive eating disorder
  • Piglet: Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Eeyore: Depressive disorder
  • Rabbit: Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) 
  • Owl: Dyslexia and narcissistic personality disorder 
  • Tigger: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
  • Kanga: Social anxiety disorder 
  • Roo: Autism spectrum disorder
  • Christopher Robin: Schizophrenia

No comments: