Tuesday, June 04, 2024

11:11

 Chris and I go a long way back. He first worked as an electrician in the house I built after my first job. As it was a new township, he got a lot of new contracts. I'm not sure how we became good friends. After his work, he used to stop by the ground next to my newly built house to rearrange stuff in his truck, chat, and puff a couple of weeds before driving to his rural house, a well-90-minute drive from the city.

Later, he moved somewhere else. I met Chris again while driving a Pakistani cardiologist who recently joined our hospital to show the new houses coming up in the city. Meeting him was a pleasant surprise due to his mild manners and always smiling face. He pulled a couple of weeds to keep our tradition, and we started to catch up. As I puffed smoke in the air, I noticed a tattoo on his forearm reading 11:11 and inquired about it.

He said, "You don't know? 11:11 signifies two guardian angels with you. They constantly remind you of your actions and help you stay on the right path!!"

I said in my heart: "Ya Allah! Munkeer Nakeer ne yahan bhi peecha nahi choRa"!!!


No comments: