Friday, June 01, 2007

Things are things... replaceable


Since I start reading and later doing my own blog, one person always remained on top of my blogroll and that person is Aisha. Anyone can blog but very few do with quality. Aisha has amazing combination of style, command, language, precision, genuine thoughts, emotions and humor.

In one of her recent blog, she described her family's ordeal during (in)famous Hurricane Andrew which struck florida in 1992.....

"...I remember stepping out after Hurricane Andrew swirled over our heads as we hovered in a barricaded hallway and carefully stepping over shards of glass and sifting through the debris for something, anything, that could be salvaged. As tears welled up, my father softly said "all these things are things... replaceable... as long as we have each other everything will be okay" This has remained my one truth. True relationships are worth more than all the gold in the world. Gold can't hug you when you had a bad day, nor does money drop by with cake when they heard your good news. Material things can fill certain voids but not the ones nestled deepest within our hearts..."

No comments: