Sunday, January 23, 2011

21 years of Marriage and...

"How was it like to divorce your spouse after 21 years of marriage?"

"It was scary, hard and freaky. I use to sit in bathroom and literally shiver. Being a desi girl I could never have imagined ever. After 21 years of marriage and 2 teenagers at home he wanted to bring second wife in the house - and I was OK with it!"

"To phir kiun?"

"It was hard but I accepted sokan on me. I got OK with second wife on me but ...Jub us ne kaha ke - tum fiqar kiun kerti ho.....I will take care of you and kids financially......to mujeh aik dum se aesa laga jese 20 baras se main koi tawaif thi...I felt like a prostitute...Woh aehsas itna shadeed tha ke har subah main is dua ke saath be-daar hoti thi ke kash mere dil se ye baat nikal jaaye magar....

Tum khud socho, phir koi kese kisi ke saath kese reh le jub insaan ko khud apne aap se ghin aane lage..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm,,, I understand why the man took 2nd wife, this lady is full of ego.
I wonder how that man spend 21 years, commendable.

Old Hindi Songs said...

How can you live with such a man...can you compare if he is the same person you married 21 years ago..


21 saal pehle bhi aisa hi tha?....

bsc said...

Ego!!!
I do not know how to understand this word. Khudi, Khud-dari or Tafakhur (pride)
Pride would be considered NOT commendable but Khudi would be praised.
Then, Should a wife NOT have ego?
What would be considered too much ego (May be false pride-whatever that means.)
I beg to differ with Anonymous although I want to support the second wife practice of Muslims (How can I NOT support) Maybe I have to be a woman to feel what it takes to tolerate or otherwise a saukan.

mystic-soul said...

I think its a very tricky subject. There is no right or wrong answer......ye to dil ka muamla hai....

Anonymous said...

I think it is more than dil...
As a woman, I feel that what women seek is a sense of entitlement and sense of belonging. When these two feelings disappear from a relationship, the relationship kinda fades away...
But yes, life has not right and wrong answers.