Saturday, April 09, 2011

Amma ka mehwar

(Last weekend I took my kids to water park. I witnessed something very interesting while we took break for food on side benches).


'Mexican family' ke koi 20 log honge! Un main bachhe bhi the, jore (couples) bhi the, jawan bhi the aur adher umar (middle age) bhi. 'Park' main rash ke baais unhe aik hi bench mil paai, jis pe bethne ke liye sirf do aadmioN ki jagah thi. Us khandan ne saara saman neeche zameen pe rakh chora. Khandan ke saare log apni apni 'activities' main masroof the magar bench pe mustaqil aik amma bethi thiN, jin ki umer koi 60-65 ke aas paas rahi ho gi. Kubhi main use 'salad' banate dekhta to kubhi koi 'sandwhich'. Woh baari baari har shaks ke liye khane ki plate tayyar kerti - aik aadmi aata, khana khata aur dusre ke liye jagah bana ke chala jata. Koi bachha 'ketchup' maang leta to bare piyar se aik alag plate main undel ke saamne rakh deti. Us ke chehre pe aik ajeeb itminaan tha. Us amma ko 'park' main 'rides' ya 'lazy chairs' se koi dilchaspi na thi. Us chehre ke itminan ke peeche aik garoor tha, aik 'grace' tha - aur khud mujeh yun mehsoos hota tha - jese ye amma is khandan ka mehwar hai - jis ke gird saare hashiye gardish ker rahain hain! Amma na rahi to sab bikhar jaain ge. Us roz mujeh apni dadi bohat yaad aain!!

Ye buzurg bhi kamal ki cheez hote hain - chale jaate hain magar apne mehwar ki 'radiation' chor jaate hain - jis se saari zindagi - holey holey - yadon ki saans sulagti rehti hai!

6 comments:

beyond said...

very nice.

Anonymous said...

My mother died last month. Now i am feeling that I am out of orbit, Just drifting in the vastness of universe with out any pull.

I lost My Mehwar. I am going through now with existential crisis.

This post I can understand very well.

I pray & request other to pray for my mother that Allah Fogive her and give her Jannat tul Fidous. Aameen.

Anonymous said...

So very touching

My parents had 7 children and i am the eldest unfortunatly due do economic reasons i had to leave the country and the nest. I have been away for about 30 years know, recently at an occasion of eid I saw how all the flock(about 50 people) gathered at mums place that it brought tears to my eyes. I hope no I pray that everybody can experience the beauty of mothers. The holy Prophet(SAW) of Islam Stated heaven lies under the feet of your mothers, And another time the Prophet (SAW)when asked who had more rights the mother or the father he replied the mother and then he repeated the mother and a third time he repeated the mother and then the father may allah bless us all the understanding that we may appreciate our mothers AMEN.

mystic said...

Beyond: :-) (I hope this post paysoff for my outburst March 31 post)

Anony1: Ameen. May All mighty grant your mom the eternal peace forever. Ameen again.

Anony2: Thank you. I think people who lost their parents or who stay away know the actual worth of their parents love and blessings!

bsc said...

Addition to Anon-1
One Sahabi carred his mother on his back and made her tawaf and asked the prophet if he has paid off his mother's debt.
The prophet PBUH said
"No! this can only pay off a single pain of the childbirth with you"

mystic said...

Yes Uncle! Ma ki azmat pe to jitna likho kum hai!