Sunday, April 24, 2011

On Age, Marriage and 'AadataiN'

(Following post may be biased depending on my experiences, so all comments, compliments, criticisms and statements are welcome).

Not only I am lucky to have good teachers but also fortunate to have good students all my life. I started giving private tutitions at age 14 and since than being in academic environment till today, if you ask me to pinpoint the best age for any human - its somewhere between 26-30  years. This is the period where you are out of teenage hormonal bipolarism, ripe with enthusiasm and energy to conquer the world!, but at the same time willing to take advises and lessons from life. Your habits are still not fully formed. Personally, I think this is the best age to get married too - as like a woman's skirt you are mature enough to cover the values but still short to cover a lot of skin.......And as we pass 30, slowly, our way of life, our opinions, our habits (this word can't replace the word 'aadatain' in Urdu) and the way we want others to behave become a defined line with progressive rigidity. And it continues to get worse. Its both good and bad. Good as at least you have a formed idea of things but may be bad as your uncompromising attitude irritate and piss off people!

Dur kahin  gharyal  ye  deti  hai  manadi
Haye tu ne umr ki aik aur ghari ghata di

2 comments:

bsc said...

That is the critical age and I tend to agree with marriage business but That is the age when the genius will bring out his/her masterpiece. The "earlier age" enthusiasm is good for work/research and byt eh time you get into this critical age shahkar tayyar hota hay.
I am afraid I did not turn out to be genius. I lookd up in the dictionary whether Ghariyal is male or female. It has been used as male but (feerozul-lughat) not clear.

mystic said...

I think by grammer gharyal is female ...