Friday, August 12, 2011

Karthik calling Karthik

I was recommended this movie long time ago but remained unopened on my desk for months. Finally I saw this flick and loved it. I have written on this blog before about my interest in Schizophrenia.

'Karthik calling Karthik' starring Farhan Akhtar (also producer) is an off beat movie for which it is said that in an effort to do his role, he isolated himself in real life and turned off his phone. He also learned to solve the Rubik's Cube, Which was shown as hobby of central character - and at the end Farhan did a superb job of a schizophrenic.

This movie superbly deal with the denial, bi-polar roller coaster, intelligence, self manipulation and self-mutilation of a schizophrenic person. This movie reminded me of all schizophrenic patients and people I have met in life. If you like off beat flicks watch it.

Add.: It was more like a 'mutiple personality disorder' than Schizophrenia.....and at one point in movie they brought this point too...but I guess for the sake of movie, it was portrayed simply as Schizophrenia.

3 comments:

beyond said...

for me it was just ok:)

mystic said...

I think it was a 'achhi koshish' from a young man to continue his parents artist endeavours.

mystic-soul said...

Beyond, Actually - I should agree one thing. It was more like a mutiple personality disorder than Schizophrenia.....and at one point in movie they brought this point too...but I guess for the sake of movie, it was portrayed simply as Schizophrenia. I will put a little addendum to my post.